Another storm came in on Thursday afternoon so I missed my swim time (aqua aerobics) and the pile up of snow by Friday canceled my trip to meet some online friends at Sarah's. Boo!!
All week I've been sewing away on a secret project that I can't post about so tomorrow I'm going off on another tangent!
Discharge Dyeing!
From this cabinet of mess in my sewing room,
{These are fabrics I keep separate from my quilting stash. Some are from garments and some are not quilt shop quality fabrics and I don't want to use them by mistake in a quilt. The solids in the corner are probably from '84 or '85 when I made some Amish style quilts.}I chose these fabrics and trimmed them about 18 x 20" to be a more manageable size.

I have no idea what will happen with that big rose print but I wanted to try it!
I'll use:

and:

I did a google search online for sites with discharge dyeing info and was reminded which issue of Quilting Arts Magazine I saw this in. August/September 2007 Lo & behold, it was on the top of my QA pile!

I've gone over that article and will take bits from there and bits from various internet sites and see what happens!
Later we'll see what the results are.
Stay tuned!



4 comments:
I am watching with keen interest . . .
"WHAT on earth is she about to do?!?!"
:)
I'm not totally sure about the outcome either. I was even dreaming about over-dyeing stuff! Watch out for your things... LOL
I can't wait to see what discharge dying is! I love the way you photo your way through your post! :-D
Cabin fever? Here in WI where it's been cold and we have more snow than we've gotten in a long time? No, no cabin fever here, nope. (ha!)
Eileen
CoffeeBean on the SL forums in case you don't know who I am :-)
Post a Comment