Wednesday, February 6, 2008

More Blizzard Pictures

The snow has calmed down for tonight.

The plows had to come out early evening because a semi was blocking the road at the curve. They brought out a big snowplow (bigger than normal) and a large snowblower. So they made a path and at least 15 vehicles went through single file. Why they were out.... I don't know! We noticed them about 4 and they were able to move again by 7.

Phil began digging us out about 7 tonight and just came in at 8:30. He says he needs more than just Thursday to get us dug out enough for the hog truck on Friday morning.

He came and suggested I get warm clothes and my camera as he'd take me to see the highway. I know these pictures don't do it justice.... I hoped to show you how much there is!

Basically, the untouched snow is just to the bottom of the mailbox. Before Phil made a cut through the pile the snowplow made:


This is the one lane path on the highway. This is the right side of the path and I found the yellow line. Truly, one lane road.



My front door with fresh snowmobile tracks which are on about a 24" drift of snow. While Phil was moving snow, JP was enjoying the clear & calm evening with his snowmobile.




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I just read this morning about the interstate lockdown for [how many vehicles? ~ alot] in WI. I wondered how much of that you'd get . . .and here is proof positive.

JP has GOT to be one excited kid! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! Amazing pictures.

Lona said...

You really got dumped on!

Is it melting now?

Jules said...

No melting here, tho yesterday's sunshine helped clear off the front porch.

High winds now Sat night! Drifts!!

Unknown said...

WOW, Joyce, glad it's there and not here. Thanks to snowmobiles andbig tractors. Enjoy the extra time sewing.