Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Laundry Room Done!!!

Today I painted the cabinets a darker gray than the walls and JP helped me hang the border. Then the two of us brought the tall cabinet back inside and I screwed it back into the wall. Yep - the carpenter's daughter strikes again!

I'm so excited - I love it!!




I would like a small valance for the window... maybe a light cream with eyelet edge. It is just for decoration... not a privacy issue.

Phil had a dry-ish day to get some field work done ....
f i n a l l y!! He sprayed what was wheat last year to kill off the grass. Tonight he is running the strip-till unit to get the ground ready for planting.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah! looks awesome, can't wait to try it out in a week!

Jules said...

I feel like I should take a good quilting magazine in there. It is warm (of course, I'm still doing laundry!!) but the chair isn't so comfy....

Monica said...

ooooooohhhh...I like it!!! Very nice.

Kim & Dave said...

Love it, Joyce!!!

If it's warm in there.....I would love to cuddle up w/ a good book!

So....why don't you put in a more comfy chair?

Jules said...

Kim.... once I get in the washer & dryer, the other side has a toilet & sink... only a narrow walkway is left.

Your comfy chair idea would be delightful but it made me :D

I'm glad all of you like it! It is so nice to do laundry now and have it CLEAN and the surroundings are calming!! :)

Unknown said...

Very nice, Joyce, Yep you are your Father's daughter. Sounds like someone else I know.
Just talked to your Mom. They are thoughtful and not going to the wharf to eat until tomorrow night when Bro and I are there. Can't wait.

Merry said...

Oh Joyce, how beautiful, it looks great!