Wednesday, April 9, 2008

He's My Drummer!

JP was asked to play for our Monroe campus on Sunday night. It was their first anniversary and they planned a Night Of Worship.

So in the planning stages Ken, our music pastor, asked the music person from Monroe about the drummer. Seems that their "drummer" was the button on the keyboard that makes a beat! Gads!!

Ken said No. A real drummer.

So he asked JP.

The group had practice on Friday night (thankfully at our campus so we didn't have to travel so far) and then practiced on Sunday afternoon.

I took him to Freeport to ride with Ken at 3:00 and Phil brought him home about 9:30 Sunday night.

He was so happy and the evening had gone so well!!!

JP relayed how after the first song, they were cheering so he added a huge fill at the end of the song. He loves to do that.

Then the second song began with just an electric guitar or bass (I can't remember) and the drums. During the intro part, the leader of the band said, "And introducing our new drummer, J-- P-----!" (he really used his real name) Everyone cheered.


JP beamed in telling me this! I guess they would love to have him every week.

How do I get a picture of my son drumming when he drums during church (a tad rude time for picture taking) and is behind a plastic sound barrier wall so the picture wouldn't turn out anyway??? Must work on that....


So for now, I found this. I believe it was for an avatar. He'll flip if he sees it on here. (gritting my teeth...) Do you think this looks like Justin?

Just for fun....







This is actually a learned skill he taught Toots. Most birds won't lay in your hand unless taught. One thing Miss Crabby Pants does well!


























No comments: