If I use a plant ingredient (except products of corn, rice, oat, wheat, or soybean) my medicine doesn't do its job clearing my FM.
Two things in my life have helped that situation.
- One, I'm a rule follower so if the rules say no than I don't.
- Second, I have been making soaps & lotions for over 6 years now. I know ingredients in skin care products and I know what they do.
So you would have thought that I wouldn't have messed up and used a wrong product.
Since I started the guai in November 2005, I have had this little debate in my mind over whether or not I can use my homemade soap. On one hand, the oils go through a chemical process and are not oils anymore. Coconut oil becomes sodium cocoate. So the chemical of coconut would be safe for my skin.
BUT....
the soaps in the store are made with a 0% superfat. All the oils are made into soap (store bought also has the natural glycerin removed but that is another topic!) so all that remains is soap.
However, when I (and other home based soapmakers) make soap we superfat our soaps with anywhere between 5 - 7%. So after the oils are changed into soap & glycerin, 5 - 7% of the oils remain. All their wonderful properties for skin care come through.
So over these years, I've wondered.... are they still able to block my guai?
Yes!
I've decided based on my body being the lab rat...
YES!

I've decided based on my body being the lab rat...
YES!

Now I am using soap made using only safe-for-guaiers oils. It has been 10 days and by day 4, I was in a pretty intense clearing. After so long of blocking (I'm guessing 9 - 12 months), the guai kicked in and got going on its job of clearing out the fibro.
Clearing hurts.
At first it was all over and then localized in pretty much 2 areas. Ow! It is also working on my fatigue that had been building over the last several months. (One of my clues that something may be wrong.)
So for a while I'm worse before this gets out and I can be better again.
It helps knowing in my heart that this works as I was so much better before I messed this up. I know I will get to that and even better than before in a short time. Everyday since Tuesday is a tiny bit better.
I do think I'll be back on track soon as I was only partially blocking as it took quite a while for some symptoms to return.
So if you are waiting on me or wondering why I haven't been here so much or sewing so much... that is why.
Rest is a great thing for clearing. But life continues so I do what I can. But it isn't all I want to do.
Alas, the washing machine is still sick and not showing signs of improvement.



4 comments:
Prayed for you to be done with this phase soon!
{{hugs}}
Before ya know it, you'll be doin' the snoopy dance all over again! :)
Poor gal!
:hugs:
Boy, you have learned a lot with this disease.I imagine you did have some basic Chemistry.
Sure hope you soon get all that stuff out and get back to yourself and sewing.
Hugs.
Post a Comment