Thursday, April 3, 2008

Fix My Washing Machine!

I found Appliance Repair Forums today.

I had to post. The image “http://img117.exs.cx/img117/6721/o4fsad.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Can you help?

~~~

Red face Dirt remains in washing tub
Brand: Whirlpool
Model Number: LSR8244DQO
Age: 5 - 10 years

I have noticed that dirt remains in the washing tub after a whole cycle when washing my husband's work clothes. He is a farmer. Then as days progressed, the dirt was there after my good clothes. Then I had chunks of dirt stuck to the inside of the tub that I had to wipe off.

At that point, dh took apart the machine. He cleaned under the agitator. I cleaned the soap scum from the inside of the tub along the top 2" or so. I cleaned between the tubs (by squeezing my hand down as far as I could) along the top outside of the inner tub down about 2-3" and got all the visible dirt off. I cleaned the underside of the plastic cover that goes on top of the tubs.

After putting the machine back together, I ran a large load with hot water, some general purpose cleaner, and about 2 cups of bleach.

The next few loads, I didn't feel dirt in the tub after the load was finished. Now after a load, I can feel a little bit of dirt inside the tub. Last night after dh washed his work clothes, there is visible dirt in the tub after removing the "clean" clothes.

DH can take the washer apart again. Is there somewhere else I need to clean? Can he separate the two tubs? Is there some other problem he needs to look for?

What else can we do?

~~~

Doesn't this sound gross? I'm hoping to get some answers soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yech is right! wild. a lemon of a machine, eh?