Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Nearly Famous!

K entered a contest in which the prize was a post to the online magazine. Here she is for January!

If you didn't know how proud of her we are before.... know it now!
We are so proud of her work!


We cracked up at the surprising fact they listed. We are NOT Little House on the Prairie by any means!


K had the idea, created the pattern, and constructed the purse. Pictures by the website.

Please note that I haven't read the whole website and don't endorse all their writings.

Project: Leather handbag with abstract grid
Student: K----------
Provenance: Rural mid-west Illinois
Surprising fact: Grew up on a farm wearing dresses sewn by Mom
Personal statement: I was inspired by your November issue and tribute to Ryan Licht Sang. Since your magazine and manifesto were created by how Ryan lived his life, I felt my object should try to capture what Stay Thirsty is all about and trying to achieve. I chose a bag, seeming it to be the strongest object, and also a handbag is always needed. A fun night handbag was my best choice and the shape of it was obvious to me. I love the logo with the manhole cover included and decided to imitate that in my bag. With an abstract grid similar to a manhole cover, it seemed perfect to display Stay Thirsty's logo.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW! Congrats, K! :) I love how the backdrop (bike, cement road, etc) really add to the concept behind your design. Perfect! :)