I started blocks on Sunday and I'm so happy with them! I paper piece when I can and the software CD that is available for this pattern is great.
Yesterday I imported scans of my completed blocks to the software Block Sheet and they appear in the right place giving me a visual chart of what I have finished. Very cool!
There are also journal pages to print out so I plan on doing that. I think I'll do the log of page per block. I'll add the BoM instructions to the binder as well. I'm making notes as I go for cutting instructions for when I do another one. ;-)
I have these done. They are 4 1/2" blocks.
A-1
A-2
A-4
A-5I have block A-3 started. I am doing the hand applique - can.you.imagine? I prepared the block and packaged it with all I needed in a sandwich sized ziploc bag. I even remembered to take it with me when JP had his ortho appointment yesterday! I finished the stitching before they even called him back! Argh!
Note to self: prepare a few more blocks!
I hardly ever have sitting to wait time (next ortho appt is in Dec 08!) and I can't do it in the car even if someone else would drive, so mostly these will be done at home. I'm just thrilled I did it and it was easy! :-)
So today's plan is for a few more blocks. Our kit for the month included blocks A1 - A8 and T1 & T2.
Sarah provides instructions with our fabric kit. Even though she isn't a paper piecer, it was suggested to pp on freezer paper. I have never used freezer paper and was shocked at the suggestion! A few ladies on The Quilt Show have used it and told me to preshrink the freezer paper with the iron.
I am loving pp on freezer paper! The pieces stick to it with an iron and I have the flattest seams ever! I'm pleased with the ease of removing the paper, too. Who'd have thunk it!!



4 comments:
This whole process is amazing to me (and interesting). Thanks for sharing.
Ooooo! I like A-2.
I wonder what that means about me?
Is there a personality test that goes along with this??
:)
LOLOL
As for personality tests...
Attempting the quilt means I'm crazy, does that help? LOL
Liking A-2 means you are kind-hearted, a dear friend, compassionate, strong faith, funny!, you have strong family ties, and love life! :)
Hi Joyce,
I found you blog on the Quilt Show website. Your blocks look amazing! I just started receiving Dear Jane in Jan. I need to get moving on it. I am trying to finish up another project before I start this one. Love your blog!
Post a Comment