Thursday, January 10, 2008

You Make My Day!

My Aunt Eileen just gave me this award! Isn't that sweet!

We used to go to their house in Maryland every year on the day after Christmas. I think it was an 8 hr drive, but in the back of the station wagon, seemed like forever to a kid!

The good part about the trip was that Mom made sticky popcorn for the time in the car. I love it!! Eating Popcorn But she did store it in old coffee cans so it had a bit of that smell. Thumbs down

But anyway... Auntie E lives on a mountain just down from the Washington Monument. No, not that one that just popped into your head. There is another one... and that one on a mountain. We loved hiking the mountain to the monument, we'd play at the park (it had a curly Q slide!) and then hide & seek in the caves naturally occurring in the rocks of the mountain. So fun!

Aunt Eileen is a quilter so we enjoy seeing each other's projects. Clap Thanks for the award!

In following the rules of the award....
... choose up to 10 people whose blog brings you happiness & inspiration and makes you feel happy about Blogland. Let them know by posting a note on their blog so they can pass it on.


I present the award, You Make My Day!, to:

Angi, your faith and joy for life really make me smile! I love reading ANYthing you write! I treasure your friendship! Someday, we will meet IRL!
Gimme a hug

Sarah, your joy of life and your delightful family are a treat to me!

I love that I know you IRL!


Kim, Renee, & Andrea, I love following your adoptions and how you trust in God for each step of the way. What a treat to pray for you as you've walked this road! Family of 4 Kim, I will continue to pray Nate home! Praying

Merry, is such an encouragement and strength in the middle of her struggles. I love her wisdom and she has such cute & funny kiddos!

Amy, I love visiting your blog and really try not to cry but your girls are soo cute and I'm thankful for your family's sacrifice for all of us!
Thanks

~~~

Phil & K are at a farm show today so JP & I have had a quiet morning. We splurged and had shrimp for lunch. Much easier on the budget to have shrimp for 2 rather than 4. Yum

JP is done w/ school and I'm working in the sewing room.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Joyce! Have a blessed day. ~Amy

Unknown said...

Awwww ~ Jules! :)

What a happie to receive upon arriving home on a rainy day. :)

Thank you for thinking of me . . .IRL'ers, UNITE! :)

Unknown said...

Joyce that was THE FIRST monument to Geo. Washington built in one day on the 4th of July by the citzens of Boonsboro.

I don't think it took 8 hours to come here. But what fun. Remember the time you all got the Chicken Pox?

Jules said...

We got the pox at your house? Ugh for you! I don't remember them.

Kim & Dave said...

Thank you, Joyce.

How sweet!

I just wish I could figure out how to copy that pretty award & send it on to others!

I can't get the graphic to copy & paste to my blog.

Sarah said...

Awwwwwww! Thanks for the award! Much appreciated. I love your blog as well! And, only three weeks until our next planned visit! Yahoo!

Jules said...

Kim, try to right click on it, copy & paste to your desktop. Then I uploaded it from my desktop to blogger. HTH.

:)