Saturday, January 5, 2008

Filing An Old Year.... or 2!

When I went to file the first family letter of the new year....


I found....


Two years of letters from Mom ready for an envelope....
When I moved to Bruce & Sue's in January of 1981, Mom & Dad had their first glimpse of empty nest. Mom started writing to all of us kids, a 2 page typed letter, each Tuesday night. (Maybe it was another night of the week but now is Tuesday.)

Now her mailing list includes 9 out of the 10 grandkids that live away from home and us 4 kids.

I believe I've saved them all. I have a file in the kitchen for them during the year. But with a new year, I know there are things there that need a more final (put away) home.

Letters from Mom - 2006 & 2007

Thanks Mom! I love you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm in awe . . .what an incredible treasure you own. One that will impact many generations!

Jules said...

It is a treasure! Our weddings, the kids milestones, their friends who are sick or have died.... oops... not always fun but neither is life.

I sent her over here today...

She e'd:
Bless your heart!

I can't get them to find the comment button.... Dad knows it is there....

Paula said...

What a wonderful legacy! There's something so special about letters. :0)