Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Blogger Craft Club

I'm new to Blogger Craft Club so let's see how it goes! The image “http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/images/smilies/smile.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors. Last night while watching OSU lose their football game The image “http://ide.li/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors. , I finished this:



My secret sister from quilt guild made the blocks with hand embroidery. I got one each month as my gift along with a little notion or sewing pad or such. I added the strips around each embroidery.

At our reveal in November, she gave me the last block, the border & binding fabrics, and there was enough for the whole backing!

I put the blocks together and quilted it. I only quilted it in the ditch as I didn't want to detract from the embroidery. I think that I like it that way.

She had no idea (neither did I!) how well it would match my new living room wall color!! I'm going to hang it in the hallway just off the living room, I think. (Have to buy dowel rods tonight.)

This is the label I made:


Hopefully our mistress in charge will help me follow the BBC rules. The image “http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/DianneOnly/wink3.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

An amazing set of hands created that . . .Carole has a knack for this, no? :) The entire piece is simply stunning!

grace said...

Love the embroidery she did and the quilt you made with the blocks is lovely!

BTW, thanks for posting on my blog. The box was so cool to make and I needed to do something that I could start and finish the same day.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that is absolutely beautiful. You will be able to treasure that forever.

I joined the BCC too, but I haven't started my project yet. I have a plan though! :-D

fatia said...

Hi Joyce, the quit is beautiful. I have not started but it will be a simple quilt and I hope to catch up with you girls. Wonder if your secret sister needs another sister.
Fatiah http://www.sewmyname.com

Jules said...

Fatia.... LOL... wouldn't that be nice... finding a new secret sister! :-) Anxious to see your work!