First, while cutting out the pattern as I followed size 16... I then noticed there were TWO lines for size 16. Huh? Well, only 2 lines for the back piece. The other pieces had the usual 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20.
Error number one. I wonder if McCall's has an 800 number for my comment?
I had chosen View B. Longer than view A, shorter than view C. Simple enough.
But because I'm too short for my width, I need to shorten the pattern before I cut the fabric out.
What?
There is NO "cut here for view B" line. Hello McCalls?
After lots of trial & error... pin, fold, and try on paper... I think I have the length figured out.
However.... I still needed to cut 2 1/2" more inches off the bottom.
I hope this works!
Part of the struggle is that the shorts roll up into a cuff and have a button tab. I need to figure out how much will roll up and where to put the button tab.
Are you confused yet? Bored with this?
Maybe you'll be glad to know the fly-front zipper is shortened and installed! And it zips!

It could be that this is where you tell me I get what I pay for.... the pattern was $0.99 and I found the denim in my stash. Of course I paid for it in a previous year but for now... cheap shorts!



1 comment:
This is a perfect example of why I haven't sewn a piece of clothing in YEARS!!! I used to work in a fabric store during my college years and made 75% of my clothing myself. Ever since I had my kids, I seem to have lost my patience for altering patterns. Short torso, short legs, big bust...you get the picture! ;)
Post a Comment