Tuesday, June 24, 2008

June Purse in Progress

I've been slowly working on a purse this week.

Kelly wanted to see it so here are some in progress pictures.

While the embroidery starts to stitch out...

...I entertain myself by taking pictures of the rest of the purse pieces.

The peachy/cherry/not red is fake suede. Black floral is cotton. Outside of purse:


I did bobbin work with black/gray variegated pearl cotton. Detail:


Embroidery is done. This goes on the inside zippered pocket. But the pocket isn't made. I have places to be!

This isn't so pinky... it matches the peach suede.

4 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

OK, Joyce. I'm impressed! (as if I wasn't before!)

Unknown said...

totally coolness!!! can my machine do bobbin work? what can i put in the bobbin?

Jules said...

I think you can do it K. I got a second bobbin case when I did those needle cases with ribbon in the bobbin. You have to adjust the tension on the bobbin and you REALLY don't want to do that. :)

This is like a thick cotton thread... I think it is used for crochet. The needle cases had 1/8" ribbon in the bobbin.

I just used a stitch on my machine for the "trim" and a longer straight stitch for the quilting.

Have to make 5# of chili burgers before sewing today. Bummer!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a beautiful purse it will be! Thanks for sharing on the Quilting Arts blog.