Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Picnic & A Band

Sunday afternoon we had a picnic at Kent & Julie's.

It was thank you time for the 1st Impressions team. We are substitute greeters and provided a super drummenator for the worship time!

Jake & JP getting the drumset out & set up. It wasn't steady so Jake pulled out the duct tape!!


I am not a big fan of picnics on my FM/HG eating plan. I ended up being able to have....
a burger (after I spoke with the grill master and requested one without the seasoning he was adding which had sugar as the 2nd ingredient!)
and
3 cheese cubes.

However, because this was minimal picnic... only finger foods were planned so no utensils. I really need to pack a fork in my pocket! So I ate my burger with my fingers. Ew. (I know I should just pack my own but I was not interested in ANOTHER chicken salad while everyone asks why I brought my own.)


During lunch, JP informed us the electronic drum set that had been brought from the church's storage room was NOT working! Groan...


JP is not a fan of electronic sets but that is what transports easily and hooks easily to the sound system.


After eating, Ken continued working on it and sure enough here came sound from my drummer!! Yahoo!!
Of course, I shouted from my chair and everyone thought it odd since they didn't know that my son was thinking he was there for no good reason.



It was cool and windy but I was oh.so.happy to just sit in the sunshine. It was hitting my back. Ahh.... However some sunshine reached to my arms and tops of my ankles. I found that out when I got home. Yowsers!!



Monday I was sore.
Tuesday I was sore but it was getting more tolerable.
Tuesday afternoon I noticed my ankles were swollen. Oopsie! I iced them most of the evening with my feet up on the recliner. I finished a lot of hand applique on some Dear Jane blocks.
http://www.countingcows.de/froi.gif
Today... all is much better. Still reddish but fading as usual.

The band was on the pool deck!


While we were picnicing, K was busy! On Saturday she moved OUT the 3 week students. On Sunday they had to check all those rooms and then move IN the 2 week students. (Some students stayed for all 5 weeks. K had 3 remain on her floor.)


This new batch is a totally different personality and not as social with each other as the first batch.

K took whomever wanted to attend to the grocery Monday night. I don't know how that went. She was swamped with office hours, exhaustion from these moving days, grocery trip, and on call duty for the beginning of the week. Wednesday meant a day off (sort of) and a trip to the beach!




No comments: