Monday, May 19, 2008

Whew!! Break Time?

Is it break time yet??

Saturday was a bit slower than the previous 10 days. I even got to sew!!! YIPPEEE!!! (And got myself past the Dear Jane block I was dreading. It only took about an hour & a half for the 4 1/2" sq block. *sigh*)

Yesterday we went for late church. After dinner & a nap, we worked on the garden. Tomatoes went in: 2 grape, 2 yellow, 4 first lady (early red). Peppers went in: 4 yellow, 4 banana. I weeded PART of the front flower bed. (much more to go....) We had small group at night.

But today is back to a spinning my head type of day.

Today is the County Extension Soybean Plot planting. Each run of the planter is a different seed variety for an unbiased test plot. LOTS of extra work for Phil and consequently me.

JP did school, as much as he could, sooner rather than later. Physics, History, and some Lit are done. Did I tell you he finished Geometry last month? Yeah!! That makes the school day much shorter!

Phil lined up workers....
the usual family: Phil, Bob, & JP
County worker: John, but not the usual leader Mark
Seed dealers: Wayne and Doug

I made cinnamon rolls, thinking this would be a morning plot. Then it changed to a late-morning start so on my trip to town, I got sandwich fixings. Now I've made 7 HUGE roast beef & swiss sandwiches in jumbo buns. The grocery had (nearly) homemade buns that they'll have to smash to get a bite out of them.

The rolls will be done from the oven soon. Phil made brownies yesterday to give me a head start on today. I'll grab a box of carrot sticks for them.

Not my most nutritious meal but it will keep them going. In a bit, I'll pack the cooler with lemonades and water bottles.

JP has Sunday band practice tonight. After I take him there, I will head to Quilt Guild. With plenty of reminders, Phil will (ahem ~ WILL) pick up JP.

The program for Quilt Guild is mini-workshops. I think they have done this before but not when I've been there. From what I understand, several guild members will teach something at various stations. We'll rotate stations. Sounds interesting.

Just so I can include a picture with this post....
Phil got the extra t-shirt K received for helping with the SAIC Fashion Show, titled The Walk. The back has the SAIC logo... his main reason for wanting the shirt!

And in case you couldn't read the shirt.....














2 comments:

Unknown said...

cute daddy! glad you like your shirt! good deal

Kim & Dave said...

Your DH is funny!!!

That made me smile!!