Thursday, May 8, 2008

Too Much To Do!

Today I was feeling overwhelmed. Just. Too. Much.

So far some accomplishments of the week include:

Trimmed, wrapped, and labeled 8 batches of soap!

I made this for my mom.

I found the idea of quilted cards last spring and started making them in lieu of a purchased card. I sent more stamps & envelopes.

I made an apron with embroidery on the front top and along the pockets. I am giving a soapmaking demonstration on Tuesday (hence all the soap wrapping!) and thought an apron over my nicer clothes would be a good precaution!

I used a pattern I had used for Becky's Tea Party a few years ago where we had an apron contest! Believe it or not, but Joan's daughter didn't HAVE an apron for the party!

I used a lightweight denim with pink gingham trim and added bathtime embroidery from Embroidery Library. Quick & easy to order and download!



I have reviewed my handouts and started printing the many pages. I ran out of ink! Argh!!

Today I made 2 batches of soap. One will be ready to show how I cut my huge block of soap for my Tuesday demo. The other one is a practice recipe to try out a second mold since I'm teaching twice.

Phil is going like gang-busters whenever it is dry enough. Tonight will be another late one and so on until we get caught up on this spring!

I'm getting K tomorrow for a few days at home!
Saturday is my trip to Galena in the a.m. and then K & I are shopping in the afternoon.
Sunday is JP's week to drum at church.
Monday I'll get 2 batches of soap started and pack the truck to the gills!
Tuesday is the demo all day (JP will help me and K will help P) and then
K goes back on Wednesday.

I think I'll take a l o n g nap on Thursday!



2 comments:

Monica said...

That apron is SO CUTE!!! That saying is one of my mottos in life! =0) I'll bet that soap is wonderful, too!?

Kim & Dave said...

So cute, Joyce!

You are always busy....seems like the Proverbs 31 woman in action!