Friday, October 26, 2007

Future Plans

So I'm sure you are asking, "What's next?"

Tomorrow JP starts Driver's Ed! Wowsers!! He will have class Sat a.m. and Mon & Tues nights in Dixon for 5 weeks. After his third class we can go get his permit. Look out for us on Wednesday! Yippee! I seem to be more excited about this than he is at this point.

I realized today that when K started driving our Ford was new. Still think of it as new (well too new for a new driver, KWIM?) but here comes another driver. JP said he'd rather drive P's Dodge. LOL K preferred it too! All right then.... leave my car alone. :)

I've been cleaning and pitching out of the basement because:
  1. We have furnace problems and sometime, someone will need to be down there fixing it
  2. I want the old couch moved downstairs SOON so need to make room
  3. I want to paint the living room and have the carpets cleaned the beginning of November so need the basement for storing movable stuff
  4. We have kept too much junk!
Yesterday I made a pile for the S&A Boutique, then loaded it into the car, and dropped it off! woohoo!! I had a bag for trash and then another pile for the dumpster. Phil hauled out yesterday's load. I added a few things from the garage after I made the trip w/ the donate boxes up those garage steps. Ugh!!

I made a bigger pile for the dumpster today and added to a new trash bag.

Tomorrow afternoon, JP can burn trash if it isn't windy.

Sunday is a party at Bocker's to celebrate our parade trophies! :)

Next weekend K wants to come home for a visit. She plans on taking the train to N'ville and I'll bring her home from there. We'll probably take her all the way downtown on Sunday. She is a bit missing home and when she is home for Thanksgiving, her grandparents will be in Ohio so she won't see them.

In between all that... I must squeeze in some sewing. Today I put tucks in JP's new jeans and mended a shirt of P's. I have 2 BOMs to complete and will continue working on my 4 patch posies.

I'm considering Sherwin-Williams paint color number 6114. What do you think? I have stained wood trim, slate blue carpet, and a brown couch.

P has about 70 acres of corn to harvest yet. Going pretty well this fall. Today was a sit day as he is up at Mike's and his bin needed to dry today from yesterday's load. It was cool & misty rain anyway.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jules, it's morning. breakfast time.

and you want me to give recommendation to a color swatch called BAGEL!?! Egads, girl . . .I'm HUNGRY! This is an outrage! LOLOL

Seriously, tho: I like the color, the idea of it with slate blue. However, is your brown couch going to be a high contrast brown? If it is middle of the road brown I think your LR will disappear . . .

Jules said...

Well, my dear... by the time you posted I had already showered, dressed w/ makeup, made bfast, AND taken ds to driver's ed. :)

My couch is dark brown... not quite chocolate. (another food reference! agh!) See my next post for a picture.

Thanks for helping me... will you come help paint, too? :D