I grew butternut squash for the 1st time this year. I have lots!!I asked for advice on the SL forums of when to pick them. The plant is dying back, probably b/c of bugs, but the vine right at the squash wasn't dying. These and 3 more have great color so I picked them. They are in the cool, dry basement. I thought the lawn chair was good & airy.
I have many more squash out there. Are they OK w/ a light frost? Do I need to pick all that are a good color now? What do you think?

And I had 3 green pepper plants but I wait until the peppers turn red before I pick them. I already have 1 1/2 bags of frozen chunks (I put them in gallon ziploc bags) and now have to wash and chunk these.



1 comment:
Just cover them before frost. I put big old sheets over the stuff and then a rock or something to keep it from blowing away!
Post a Comment