Friday, September 21, 2007

It's Harvest Time!

Today was the first day of harvest for us! The soybeans are quite dry, testing at 10% instead of more normal 13%. It was 90' and very windy. P opened up the field just north of the house along the highway. It was so windy and the beans so dry, he said he was sure the helmet-less motorcyclists weren't too thrilled as they passed by.


I'm hoping the injuries are done for the season. A few days ago, P landed hard on a post in the finishing building bruising his landing spot severely and scraping his arm. Today a wrench slipped and whacked him in the head, giving him a cut through his eyebrow into his forehead. I'm not very good at nursing but we cleaned and applied steri-strips to hold him together. He was soon back at work.... with a large band-aid trying to keep it all clean.

K reminded us of the myth of accidents happening in threes. I've had enough. Two is plenty!

No comments: