Thursday, September 20, 2007

Needle Cases

I made these 2 needle cases for K & her roomie. I made a couple after Machine Embroidery Club a few months ago. K said she wanted one, too! Last night she begged for one as her needles are "all over" and I know she has been toting her projects back & forth from work.


This is in process.... I didn't shrink the design enough the first time so I have a bigger one beside my machine. This technique is bobbin work embroidery so it is worked upside down from normal. The bobbin is loaded w/ ribbon floss and used to make the design. I'm using a design from DigiBobbe, Collection 2 Woodland Swirls.

The needle cases are like little books but the pages are wool felt to hold needles safely. I used batik fabrics and smoke colored ribbon floss. I just love those new crystals to add a touch of glimmer. So easy!


























Back to my previously scheduled project....

No comments: