Ricky wrote: .....However in this unattended, barren area, enough sand and debris collected, enough rain fell from the heavens to allow this orphan sprig to take root and scream, I'm alive! I will survive! I will not give up and I will find a way to inspire others to suck it up, be brave, tackle adversity, and thrive, live, celebrate life." This abandoned, isolated sprig of a geranium, living in the most difficult of conditions, will have done more today than all the pampered blossoms on the porch. It encourages me. It makes me realize that there is always hope. Nothing is too difficult to overcome, and when I experience adversity, discouragement, depression - perhaps, instead of giving up, I too can dig in, survive, find a strong determination to overcome the situation and ultimately be an inspiration and encouragement to those around me.
Today on a good day, I can read that and accept it. On bad days, I'm not so quick to accept the yuck that is going on.



No comments:
Post a Comment