Sunday, December 2, 2007

Ice Storm

We started with heavy snow yesterday morning. It snowed for about an hour. Then from noon on through the evening we had freezing rain or sleet. It really piled up!

The wires must have been coated in ice as our power flickered a lot during the day. Once during the evening, it went out for a heavy second. Again during the night, it went out enough to make our computer back-up beep and our clocks to go out.

But many in surrounding counties were out for a longer time.

This is this morning. We lost a big branch off a pine tree and Phil says there are branches off the tree at the end of the lane.

This second picture is across the front yard after the fog had lifted quite a bit. Earlier we couldn't see the trees there to the east. No sunrise to see today.


We stayed home from church last night and had plans to go today. Phil left early to meet w/ a mentee and called to tell me to stay home.

Painting is done and the carpets are clean! When the rest of the furniture gets put back tomorrow, I'll show you. :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I talked to Mom today . . .she just got a smattering of snow. *sigh*

The things I miss . . .

Jules said...

I will gladly send you cold temps and more snow when it arrives.

The snow was pretty and amazingly heavy coming down. I don't think anyone needed the ice on top!