Friday, November 2, 2007

Trial Color

I painted just a bit of the living room with a small can of trial paint from Sherwin-Williams. I sort of like this deal... for $5 I got a small can of my color and I didn't even use half of it for this wall with 2 coats. It is only for color testing. I'll have to repaint this area with good paint when we decide.

This is before:

This is after (I tried to include a bit of the vanity that lives in this corner but is pulled out for painting right now so you can see some furniture in the picture) :


As for the rest of the day.... I'm sitting to rest for a bit. I still need to clean the bathrooms and then leave to get K. She is coming home for the weekend and taking the train to Elburn. I have about 1 hr 15 min drive to get to her. Saves me tons of weekend traffic.

I painted this a.m., did school w/ JP, 2 loads of laundry, and made lunch. So it isn't that I did nothing all day. Supper is tilapia, cooked cabbage, and carrots for those that do. Something fast & easy once K & I get home.

Please add your comment about my paint. :-)

And I liked Kelly's siggy so tried one of my own. What do you think?

ETA: You can get one from My Live Signature.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

If you were thinking of painting the whole living room that color it will make it look smaller. Bbut good color. That's about what our LR is now, Knotty Pine.

Unknown said...

Hmmm . . .I think it's a bit dark, Jules. This is the bagel, right? I'm suprised at 'how' dark it went on. How do YOU feel about it? I think I'd drop down a shade. You've got alot of space to cover, and the area will feel smaller.

That said, I DO like the tone. Perfect for the components in the room! :) Can you create a shade that keeps the tonality, but lightens the shade??

Unknown said...

and oh yeah . . .where'd you ' Kel create the signature lines?

Jules said...

I do think the one lighter than this might be a better option. It went on much darker than I expected. The lady at the store also said it would be lighter on the whole wall especially with all my natural light.

I wish I totally loved it! I need that kind of feeling to make the application easier.

Jules said...

I added a link to My Live Signature. Still not sure about the way I have mine yet.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link connect . . .I've got one flying now, but not too savvy on it. I'll most likely adjust until something fits right! LOL