For those of you that are not quilters, there is a famous outdoor show held in the town of Sisters, Oregon. We didn't travel that far yesterday.
Several friends of mine from quilt guild put this together.
Lining the driveway were vintage metal chairs draped with old & new quilts and a variety of decorations.
Down the hill to the main viewing area... this is what awaited us. Isn't this setting darling!!


Elinor liked the layout of this red, white, & blue one. She has hand embroidered blocks she & her youngest did years ago that could be the on-point centers.



Love this quilt layout of the 2 blocks. I have some scrappy squares that would work here.
We listened to the soapmaker's SO/DH tells us it was "the best soap around"... and quietly sauntered off.
Ha!! Little did he know...
Before we left, we found out Elinor had won a door prize!!
The walk back to our car... down the basket-lined lane.
The weather was perfect.
The setting was just stunning.
The friends were fun!
We liked the simple style of this quilt and found it in another colorway later.
Ha!! Little did he know...Before we left, we found out Elinor had won a door prize!!
We finished our outing with lunch at Rachel's in Oregon. Yummy!! Great fun was had by all!!!




5 comments:
Gorgeous quilts! And so beautifully displayed. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
I agree with Sue Ellen, Lovely setting for a quilt show. Great picturs, Joyce.
I love your blog, I have been looking for a quilt blog that showed more quilts and yours hits the spot. Here is mine if you would like to peek:
http://patchesquiltworks.blogspot.com/
I hope you enjoy it. Be kind I'm new at blogging.
What a fun way to display all those beautiful quilts!
What a beautiful setting for a quilt show. Thanks for sharing. Maggi
Post a Comment