Saturday, August 9, 2008

My Fair Results

I was able to check my fair results on Tuesday before the 4-H Parade of Champions. (JP was in the parade.) However, Wednesday brought more ... too much more... life so you've had to wait all week for this!

You have already seen pictures for most of my entries....

Embroidered Pillowcases - greens - 1st, tan/burgundy hummingbirds - 2nd
Pillows - Embroidered - 1st & 2nd
Pillows - Appliqued - 1st & 2nd
Pillows - Quilted - 1st
Any other Quilted Item - Quilted Tote - 2nd, Nativity runner - 3rd
Quilted Wallhanging - Buggy Barn Friendship quilt - 1st
Kitchen Article - hot pad (that one I hurried to do for quilt guild) - 3rd
Purse - cherry & black with bobbin work - 1st & Best of Show, yellow & brights - 3rd
Personal Item - cosmetic bag (matches cherry & black purse) - 1st
Apron - embroidered 1st
Ornaments - 2nd
Homemade soap - 1st

I'm quite pleased with my results! Tonight I get my items and my money. Not huge prizes but either for the quilt shop or my oven fund!

I checked... no more pictures from the fair to include. Sorry!!

4 comments:

Monica said...

Congrats!!! Did you leave any prizes for anyone else? ;D

Jules said...

Very funny Monica!! :)

I got my checks... they total $82. :D

Kim & Dave said...

Very impressive, friend!!!

Unknown said...

Boy, I miss those ribbon days! :) Of course, I didn't compete in your categories. Showed my dog, my horse, my drawing, and several misc categories. It was always fun to find a ribbon!! :)